Homegrown Beachmere: open garden day

Next Saturday, September 20th, there's another open garden day to be had in Lalroy Street...on schedule a fortnight after the monthly markets.

I'll do some harvest in the morning so everything on sale will be absolutely fresh as can be. I can even harvest some more while you wait.

On offer at the moment --ready for harvest --are:


  • Mixed Salad Greens
  • Kale
  • Warrigal Greens
  • Green beans 
  • Parsley
  • Coriander
  • Zuchini
  • Some Dill 
  • English Spinach
  • Young Silver Beet
Everything -- bunches,bundles and packs -- $2 each.
Also available will be a fresh batch of Chimichurri  the very best green sauce  for grilled  or BBQ meat, originally from Argentina. It is based on finely-chopped parsley, minced garlic, olive oil, oregano, and vinegar. It should keep refrigerated for up to a week and will also serve well as a marinade.
No sprays: that means I use no herbicides or pesticides; that I nourish the soil without chemical inputs, mulch the beds and rely on beneficial insects and/or other management techniques to keep pests out of the crop.

So come drop by to shop for produce or simply to check out the garden and talk vegetables and swap local  gardening experiences.

16 Lalroy Street, Beachmere
9am-12 Midday
Saturday, September 20th.

I'm keen to develop ongoing supply relationships within the  local community so if you have produce preferences and requirements, please let me know and I'll try to plant and harvest on demand.
Depending on availability I'm also keen to take orders  (minimum $10) and home deliver.
If you have an urgent requirement for a particular fresh herb or veg during the week or want to place a phone order,you can ring me on 0499 728 372.