I have been publishing a few editions of a hard copy calendar for distribution around town.
These were in brochure format which could be picked up at a few locations.
However, these brochures -- double sided A4 folded -- didn't have the acceptance I projected. Furthermore, when each edition ran out, there was nothing around town to supply the information these newsletters contained.
So I'm going to change the process and in future layout, print and publish A4 sized posters which can be affixed to various locations around town. If folk want their own take home copy to go up on a pin board or refrigerator door, they'll be able to print them off directly from the web.
Each poster will be headed by the month it covers and we'll try to make it a bit arty while allowing for various listings such as 'new' events and upcoming special occasions. It will take some experimentation with layout to get the presentation right and its success will depend on local stakeholders being onside.
Current calendar listings as per this site's Events Calendar
- Barefoot Bowls. Beachmere Community Lawn Bowls Club. Every Friday night from 6pm (registration). Starting time: 6.30pm. Club Beachmere. Bowl in flat shoes or thongs. Ph : 54962090
- Authentic Taekwon-Do Beachmere. Mondays and Thursdays 5pm, Beachmere State School Hall, James Rd. Ph: 0438 794588 (Chris), 0499 986869 (Ben).
- Soulsteppers Soul Line Dance Club. Funk, Zydeco and more grooves. 6.00pm Tuesdays. Contact Dave for location: phone 33331805.
- Beachmere Model Yacht Club. Sailing Wednesdays and Sundays, Lake Beachmere (enter via Biggs Ave).
- Neighbourhood Watch meets at the Beachmere Activity Hall on the water front, 25 Biggs Ave, on the third Thursday of each month at 9am. All welcome. Contact:Norman Shoveller 0754968972
- Mosaics Club: Workshops held the second and fourth Saturday of each month at the Community Hall shed Progress Ave. Contact: Helen Riley 07 33331805
- Yoga: Sessions held every Tuesday and Thursday from 9am at the Uniting Church, Moreton Tce. More info: ph 07 5496 2512 (Colleen).
- Bingo. Every Saturday 1pm. Community Hall, Progress Av. Contact : 5496 8775 (Gwen)
- Community Markets: 1st Saturday of each, month Club Beachmere car park. Stalls only $10. To book a site : ph 07 5496 2512 (Colleen)
- Tennis: Social, Friendly Tennis. Every Wednesday. 8.30am – 12.00 noon Rogers Street. All Welcome. Info 0419714901 (Frank)
- Gentle Vinyasa Yoga with Callie. Every Thursday 8 - 9 am. $10 per class. Beachmere Activity Centre (Biggs Ave) .Ph: 0422 376 607
- Lions Club Dinner Meetings. Dinner Meetings 1st Wednesday of each month, 6.30pm-7pm (Cost $12). Various Locations please contact the President John Marsh on 0437 763 999 for dinner meeting details.
- Lions Club Board Meetings. 3rd Wednesday of Each Month 6.30pm for 7pm start at the Beachmere Activity Centre, 25 Biggs Avenue. Contact President John Marsh on 0437 763 999.
- Scorpion Line Dancers. Club Beachmere, Main Rd; Mondays, 9:00-11:00am (beg/int). Contact: 07-5496-3252, 0427-882-582,(Suzzanne Hinds) .
- Beachmere Pelicans Playgroup: Tuesdays 9am-11am (during school terms), Beachmere Community Hall - Progress Ave. $2 per visit.
- Beachmere Slimmers Inc. Meets Fridays 9am, Activity Centre, Biggs Ave. Info: 54962957 (Sue).
- Catholic Mass: Sundays, 8:30am St Joseph's Chapel, 24 Rogers Street.
- Uniting Church Service: Sundays 8am, Uniting Church Moreton Tce.